Thursday, February 21, 2008

New Regiment

A new regiment has joined the Army. It is the Dublin Boozeleers, under command of General Guinness as Colonel-Proprietor. Red coat, dark brown cuffs, white trim on the hat, silver buttons. The flag is a Guinness label imposed on a field of dark brown.

Origins - I was browsing through www.mudcat.org one day, looking for some specific lyrics, and came across a song entitled General Guinness. I immediately had to raise them. I have the figures, the only question I had was if they would serve with Saxe-Schweinrot or Ober-Bindlestiff. After going back and forth, they will serve in the Saxe-Schweinrot army. It'll be a bit before I have the flag done.

There are a lot of things to be found while browsing through folk songs. The people at Mudcat (aka Digital Tradition) have some gems there. That's where I raised McAlpin's Fusiliers (from a song about the navvies who were building the infranstructure in Great Britain).

5 comments:

Fitz-Badger said...

Brilliant! Of course, now we'll expect pics! ;-)

hmm, maybe I need to add another Ballyfoole unit to my army, in honor of St. Patrick's Day...

abdul666 said...

Supported suggestionS!

Cheers,
Jean-Louis

andygamer said...

That's a coincidence, I raised a Guinness just yesterday. (My first in about a year.)

Maj_Gen_Stanley said...

I don't think it's a good thing for me to paint while sipping Guinness. Though a Guiness wash...

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.